Monday, September 22, 2008

Family trip to Stuckey Farm















What better to do on a sunny Sunday afternoon than to have a little family time?! I have been looking forward to fall and taking Maryn to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch. Will she remember this day probably not, but it's all about making memories to share with her later. And plus, you have to start those family traditions at some point right? So we packed up in the car and headed for Stuckey Farm up in Sheridan!


Lucky for us it was not too busy and it was an absolutely gorgeous day! We took two rides on the wagon and enjoyed the fresh apple air. I think Maryn enjoyed it...she was pretty curious about what was going on around her. When the wagon dropped us off, we gathered our bags and headed down the rows full of apple trees. Maryn was eager to grab the apples and put them straight to her mouth of course. Then she became more interested in the plastic bags the apples were going into! Of course we had to take several pictures and capture all the cuteness we could! She loved playing with the leaves and grass the most I think. Once we had about three bags of apples we headed to the pumpkin patch. The pumpkins were just ready for picking and so the picking was good! We found the perfect pumpkin that was just the right size for our little pumpkin!


On our way out we treated ourselves to an apple cider slushie for the long ride home. Maryn was asleep before we even got to the main road! I guess that means she had a good time...what a fun family day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this baby. That photo of Maryn with the SUPER HUGE smile holding the apple just warms my heart! I am so glad that you all had such a wonderful Autumn weekend! An apple cider slushie sounds deeeeeeelicious right now! Love you!

About Our Family said...

you guys seriously are all too cute. you need to be on the cover of a magazine....maybe i will call family fun magazine :-)