Being a mom is one of the most amazing opportunities I have been given in life. I love waking up each morning to Maryn's little voice, to watching her discover new things, to listening to her conversations, and most of all to her hugs, kisses, and "i love you's". The list could go on and on, but those are a few of my favorites:)
As I was talking with a friend the other day she said something that I had thought of before, but it made me think about it again. My genetics may not have formed Maryn, but I (we) are the ones shaping her into the person she is. As a mother I feel the desire to teach her everything I know, to be the one to wipe her tears and share in her laughter. To give her the unconditional love that has been given to me throughout my life. I want her to understand how deep, how wide, and how long my love is, just as our Father's love is for us. I want to help shape her into the mother she may become one day. It is with each mother that another mother is shaped in some form. The things I learned from my mother, mother-in-law, grandmothers, aunts, and friends have helped shape me into the mother I am today. Thank you to all the women in my life that have helped shape me into the mother that I am and can continue to grow to become!
I love motherhood!
me and my sweetie pie
my mom
jeremy's mom
1 comment:
Yes. You ARE the ones shaping her...and you're doing an incredible job. I love that you love being a mom and I am so excited that when my turn comes to shape someone that my genetics didn't, that I'll have you to look to as an example. I LOVE YOU.
Post a Comment