I can hardly believe that I am blogging about Maryn's first day of preschool! While some may say she could have gone earlier and some say she is too young...we think this is the perfect time. I really didn't look to hard for a school, but settled on one that was just down the street within walking distance and is only two half days a week. It also gives the opportunity for me to work in the classroom two times a month and be pretty active in school activities. We had been to visit a couple of times and have taken walks/bike rides past it often this summer. While we were in Maine we bought a new backpack and she was super excited to put it on! Luckily, Jeremy's schedule was pretty flexible that first day and so he was able to walk to school with us. She was so excited to walk in and quickly gave hugs, kisses and said her "goodbyes". As I stood there and watched her begin to make her way around the room she looked up and waved as if say, "I'm okay Momma."
Of course I was in tears on the way for many reasons and was so glad that Jeremy was there to hold my hand. He always seems to know how to calm me down and as we walked inside we took the time to pray for our sweet girl. Prayers that she would know how much she is loved, that she would grow and thrive in this new environment, that she would always know who she is and how special she is , and that we would continue to parent her in a way that is glorifying to God.
The smile on her face when I picked her was one of the best smiles I had seen :) As she waved goodbye to her friends and hugged her teacher, I knew it had been a great day. Here's to praying that each day is as good as the first!

ready for school :)

what a big girl walking to school!

she was so excited!!
No comments:
Post a Comment