Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cormac's dedication at Common Ground

 On March 4th, our church held child dedication and we were blessed to be a part of this with one other family.  Both of our families were able to share in this special time as well.  As I was starting to write this entry, I looked back at my entry from just a year ago for Theo.  What I had written so clearly still rings true so I have just copied it below and inserted Cormac's name :)...

 Jeremy and I both love our church's belief in what child dedication is, "a practice where parents make a solemn commitment to raise their children in the way of Jesus. Our ceremony is a public recognition of the importance of the parent's and church roe in providing a nurturing and loving context where children can experience the Gospel." Not only were we dedicating Cormac to God, but also dedicating ourselves as parents and our family and friends. As parents we are entrusted with a huge responsibility living the example of godly living, creating the environment where our children can learn about God and grow in a relationship with him. And that is what struck me most this time. Maryn is now at the age where she is beginning to ask questions and talks about God and Jesus. You realize how quickly they begin to absorb conversations, books, music, etc. As a parent, I want to plant the seed for Cormac, Theo and Maryn to want to know God and to have a meaningful and fruitful relationship with him. Towards the end of the dedication time, they ask for family and friends to come forward and pray with the parents and child. It was so special to have those that our closest to us share in this moment. Jeremy and I alone are not the only ones that influence our children. We need the help, guidance and encouragement of those around us.
I pray that our family foundation is always built on Christ. I pray that Maryn, Theo and Cormac always know how much they are loved by us, but most importantly how much God loves them. That they not only know, but that they can feel that love daily.

So special to share in this time with our dear friends, the Gandys, as they dedicated their little girl, Abigail.
Uncle Derek & Aunt Heather
Ceta & Mimi 
Aunt Lindsey, Uncle Scott & Uncle Brad
Mamaw & Papaw
So blessed to have this little guy in our lives 
One big happy family!!
We love you Cormac Aaron Stephenson!!

No comments: