Sunday, July 22, 2012

Father's Day

This year we spent Father's Day up at the lake. We treated Daddy to being able to sleep in and had waffles and fruit ready for breakfast. Maryn was pretty excited to make Daddy waffles :) Where do I even begin in describing Jeremy as a father and husband? I could say what you would expect to hear...he is loving, lots of fun, always ready to engage in some sort of play, and compassionate. Those are all great, but it's what I see that warms my heart.

 I love when...
...he walks in the door and Maryn says, "hey, hey", Theo says, "DADA!!" and as soon as Cormac sees him his face lights up
...Maryn says during the day, "I sure do miss Daddy."
...I find he and Theo both with a newspaper in their hands on Saturday mornings
...he and Cormac fall asleep on the couch in the evenings
...he and Maryn are snuggled in bed reading a bible story
...jumps right in to help when he comes home from working all day
...he takes time to have special moments with each of the kids .
..I see that him growing in patience :)
...he recognizes that I've had a hard day and validates my feelings
...we get to spend time together, just us.

 Well that list could go on and on :) I'm so thankful that God placed Jeremy in my life. My love and appreciation for him grows daily. I'm thankful that our children are blessed to have a father that loves them unconditionally, is devoted to raising them in a Christ centered home, and can make them belly laugh on a daily basis. We love you!!!!

Maryn made a bookmark for Daddy at school and we bought a special book to put it in.
Daddy and his kiddos :)
A snuggle with Cormac
A little climbing time with Theo
Papaw was at the lake with us too...
Happy Papaw Day!!
We celebrated with Ceta a few days before...
Happy Ceta Day!!

No comments: