Wednesday, July 28, 2010

enjoying summer!

out for a bike ride around the block

we took Mimi to the Children's Museum to see the Barbie exhibit. My mom kept all of her Barbies and I played with them growing up and still have them in boxes in our basement for Maryn to play with.

our garden!
It looks a little bigger now that everything is growing

Maryn's 1st trip to the dentist!! She did awesome :)

so the other night we attempted what's called a "twist out" on Maryn's hair. She sat for an hour watching Curious George while I separated strands of hair and twisted it. It turned out pretty cute and our big reward was ice cream cones!

we made a stop at Butler's campus to see the bulldog and to play in the fountains...cheap entertainment!!

for Father's Day I got Jeremy tickets to see Jack Johnson. The concert was this past Friday and it was a great show!

this butterfly was clinging to one of our screens and I just had to take a picture. I think it's the biggest butterfly I have ever seen up close!

1 comment:

Anikra said...

Congrats on the 2nd adoption! You guys are in my prayers. I am a coworker of Katie Collevechio and I found your blog through her and I just love seeing the adventures of little Maryn. Her twistout looks great! A good blog to refer to for Maryn's hair is this: http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com/ or Curly Niki: http://www.curlynikki.com/

I refer to these sites when I do my hair or my daughter's hair. They give you tutorials and product reviews.

Anikra