Saturday, April 23, 2011

spring blooms

I love spring! I love to have brisk mornings and warm afternoons, the green leaves that begin to fill the bare trees, open windows during the day, the smell of grass freshly mowed, flowers in bloom, and daylight into the evening. One of my favorite flowers has always been tulips. I love all the bright colors they come in, the delicacy of their petals, and the sign that warmer days are coming. My other favorite is lilacs...they remind me of my childhood. Growing up, my Grandma and Grandpa Spaulding had a large lilac bush in their backyard. The smell filled the yard in early spring! Grandma would always let us pick them and put them in vases inside. While they don't last long in water, their smell is fragrant and clean. We have one in our backyard now. It's rather small, but still blooms those vibrant purple blossoms. It was special to me to share with Maryn that I use to pick these when I was a little girl :) Funny how the simple memories of your childhood can make you feel so good...

No comments: